This game…I mean sport…I mean game…literally plays with poems!
& in more ways than one…& in much more dramatic ways imaginable!
& what a very incredible game it is! I mean…sport! I mean…game!
Seriously…this game…I mean…sport…I mean…game…is no joke…
As mental as it is physical…as physical as it is mental…requiring strength in both…
Competitive karuta is surely neither for the weak-willed…nor the frail…nor the lazy…
How can it be so poetic & beautiful yet so aggressive & intense at the same time?!
It's as if [Hyouka] + [Haikyū!!] feels are combined…amplified manifold & dispersed…
Also…the cultural & poetic levels have gone off the charts in this one…it's amazing!
It's amazing as well that the manga's been going on for 10 years & it's still ongoing?!
Argh can't wait for more…there is just too much about this series to be in love with!
(Even though a part of me is afraid of the ending…like what's with that love triangle…ehh might as well kill me now lol~)
Apparently the popularity of this series has also boosted the awareness & profile of competitive karuta in Japan itself…& I guess it's to be as expected?
I mean…it's addictive! I mean…it's exciting! I mean…even to just simply watch!
(Since it's about impossible for me to ever be able to play it in my lifetime LOL)~
The soundtracks are awesome as well! Almost every track is significantly melodic!
This is another perfect story for anyone who needs to be inspired to chase a dream!
& by the way…since this introduction poem was repeated again & again like for a thousand times throughout the series…it's probably only right to learn it:
(Naniwa-zu ni)
咲くやこの花
(Sakuya kono hana)
冬ごもり
(Fuyu-gomori)
いまを春べと
(Ima o haru-be to)
咲くやこの花
(Sakuya kono hana)
Translation:
In Naniwa Bay…now the flowers are blossoming…
After lying dormant all winter…now the spring has come…
And those flowers are blossoming~
& that's probably all that my brain can manage already!
Song of the Day: そしていま - Seto Asami 瀬戸 麻沙美
Quote of the Day: 紀貫之だったかなあ 鶯や鹿が鳴くように 自然の発語が詩になることがあるって言ったのは 想いがあれば 欠片だけでも詩みたい。-大江奏 in [ちはやふる] S1 E25
Translation: I believe it was Ki no Tsurayuki who said that turning words into poems was as natural as birds and animals crying out. As long as the emotion is there, a short phrase can sound like a poem. -Kanade Ōe in [Chihayafuru] S1 E25

