Woah…this is blood-sweat-tears at perceptibly advanced levels…
With deep emotions so authentic & raw…so delicate & sensitive…
Talk about sheer passion…dedication…resilience…perseverance…
This is one main character whom I could empathize so much with it's amazing…
There's really so much that's honestly relatable…
Plus…the psychological & emotional developments for the various characters truly make an overwhelming package of heartbreaking VS heartwarming feels…
What a story…there's positively nothing else like it~
The after-feels are absolutely incredible…like flames continuing to blaze within…
Compelling my soul to tremble with excitement…all my cells to tingle with feels…
Seriously…only anime can do this to me…LOL~
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
With all programs choreographed by Japanese retired ice dancer 宮本 賢二 (Kenji Miyamoto)…they are nothing short of elegant…beautiful & mesmerizing…
Not to mention professional & complex as well…with levels of quality & skills for the choreographed programs being recognized in the real Figure Skating world…
Anyway…throughout the series…somehow I kept imagining myself falling down…
It's like…EVERY TIME I see a Triple Axel or a Quad (quadruple jump)…be it a Toe Loop or a Salchow or a Lutz or a whatever…I'd imagine myself falling down?!
Yeah in fact it really makes me wonder about the number of times one would have to fall down…& the number of blisters / bruises / injuries one would have to bear in the pursuit of higher levels of competence in this strenuous & enigmatic sport…
This is certainly not a sport for anyone who's afraid of or unprepared to fall down!
(Both literally & figuratively…ohh wow that sounds just right for Figure Skating…)
I must say…I'm happy this series won the Anime of the Year award @ TAAF 2017…
& hey did I just see the news of an upcoming film as well?!
YOI fandom…I'm in!
Piece of the Day: Yuri On ICE - 梅林太郎 (milk) & Taku Matsushiba 松司馬 拓
Quote of the Day: 一人で抱えるには大きすぎる夢じゃなきゃ たどりつけない場所がある。僕らは愛と呼ぶ、氷の上の全てを。 -勝生 勇利 in [ユーリ!!! on ICE] E12
Translation: There's a place you just can't reach unless you have a dream too large to bear alone. We call everything on the ice, "love". -Yuri Katsuki in [Yuri!!! on Ice] EP12
