Friday, June 24, 2016

The Best Of Animenz~

Animenz has just released his latest cover before he goes on his year-long hiatus!

Level: INSANE
(As expected…nothing less!)

[We Are!] -  [One Piece] OP1 (Piano Cover)~

This is without a shred of doubt the best piano cover (of all time) of the best OP (of all time) of the best anime (of all time)! LOL!

He even jazzed it up a little! Yay!

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

& here's introducing my other personal favourites as well:

[Unravel] - [Tokyo Ghoul] OP1 (Piano Cover)~

This was the first video performance by Animenz which I stumbled across (thanks to [Tokyo Ghoul] of course!) that literally made my jaw drop when I saw it for the first time last September (which has now already like… >14.9 million views…no kidding)~

I mean…up till that point in time I had never even really thought that guitar riffs could seriously be "play-able" / "perform-able" on a piano!

Never in my wildest imagination could I have visualized that such a complicated (& I really mean impressively composed!) song like THIS with such a thick texture…swiftly abrupt melodic-changes & whatnot…could be so well-transcribed/arranged (while being true to the original) & so well-executed double-handedly on a piano!


[My Dearest] - [Guilty Crown] OP (Piano Cover)~

Even after watching [Guilty Crown]…I did not really pay much attention to the original OP…but this version has got my attention alright!

THIS! IS! AMAZING!

Honestly…I just cannot imagine any human being other than Animenz himself to be able to play this…& do real justice to it…

& I love how he incorporated a part of [βίος] by Mika Kobayashi into the cover too!


[This Game] - [No Game No Life] OP (Piano Cover)~

Considering the fact that I'm already in love with this cover when I have not even watched the anime series that the original song opens for yet…

[No Game No Life] is definitely in my list of to-watch!


[Killy Killy Joker] - [Selector Infected WIXOSS] (OP) Piano Cover~

It's one of my all-time favourite songs in anime history to begin with…& this cover absolutely amplifies my love for it!

'Nuff said~


[Jiyuu no Tsubasa] - [Attack On Titan] OP2 (Piano Cover)~
(Duet with Tehishter)~

I sincerely thank Animenz & Teheister (the other pianist/arranger whom I look up to) for completely transforming & revolutionizing the world of piano music & anime music & pop music…at the same time!

Seriously…eargasm has never been more apt a word to be used…

& I'm so immensely glad to be alive!


Quote of the Day: Listening to him play was like discovering an eagle in the wild. It was tumblingly bewitching. She could feel and hear genius she knew it. -Debra Anastasia