Saturday, August 15, 2015

Titans In Live-Action~

Went all the way to City Square Mall @ Farrer Park to watch this…due to the very limited locations doing M18-rated screenings (while it's NC16-rated everywhere else):

[進撃の巨人] a.k.a.
[Attack on Titan]~

Wow so much of the story background was changed for this live-action movie…as a practical way to shorten it & fit the story's duration to suit a film's I would guess…but probably then…as a result of the changes in the certain characters' historical backgrounds…adjustments were also made to their personalities…

Not ideal…not ideal…

& with both the mother & the captain missing…much essence of the original story also went missing along with them…

& this is only part 1 of the film…with a second part to come…

Most significantly…the look of かくご (resolution) is missing in Eren's eyes…
It's one of the essentials! Eren is supposed to possess THAT look in his eyes!

But it's totally missing here…

Anyhow…one thing remains true:

No matter which version…
Be it anime or live-action…
The very first transformation…

…is just EPIC…

& it's worth watching this…
Even if just for that moment~


Song of the Day: Anti-Hero - Sekai no Owari
```You see I'm tired of trying to justify…
```Every decision that I make…
```If it's to save the people that I stand by…
```You better believe what I say```